Ecobank Nigeria appoints new managing director
- Kie joined Ecobank in October 2011 as Chief Operating Officer of then Ecobank Capital.
- He represents ETI on the Board of Directors of EBI SA, the Ecobank subsidiary in France.
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) has appointed Charles Kie as the Managing Director-designate for Ecobank Nigeria.
Until his appointment, Kie was responsible for leading corporate and investment banking business of ETI across 40 countries, including 36 in Africa.
“Charles Kie represents ETI on the Board of Directors of EBI SA, the Ecobank subsidiary in France as well as Ecobank Development Corporation (EDC), the investment banking arm of the Ecobank Group," ETI said in a statement.
Kie joined Ecobank in October 2011 as Chief Operating Officer of then Ecobank Capital. He was subsequently appointed the Head of the Group’s Corporate Banking business. Between 2008 and 2011. Charles Kie was also Group CEO of Groupe Banque Atlantique, based in Togo and Cote d’Ivoire.
Kie is an Ivorian national. He graduate of Ecole Superieure de Commerce d’Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire), and has an MBA from the London School of Economics and an MSc from the University Of Clermont Ferrand, France. He also attended Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Programme.
His appointment takes effect on January 1, 2016.
Kie will be taking over from Jibril Aku, who will conclude his five-year tenure on December 31st.
According to a statement released by ETI in November, Aku will take another senior role at the bank in the first quarter of 2016.
Chibuike Oguh is Financial Nigeria's Frontier Markets Analyst
Most Popular News
- China’s secretive international lending practices revealed
- NEXIM Bank signs agreement to increase bankable projects in trade sector
- New UNDP study reveals magnitude of limited debt relief
- Nigeria ranks as world's second-largest bitcoin trader after the US
- Nigeria to be among world’s top 10 economies by 2050
- Ecobank profit drops by 66 per cent to N33.7bn, grows deposits by N1.4tn