PUMA showcases products from recycled materials in push for 3Rs
Through its RE:COLLECTION range, PUMA is demonstrating its commitment to the 3Rs – Reduce, Reuse, and Regenerate – of the circular economy.
PUMA, the German global sports company, is showcasing how recycled materials can create a unique look across its line of products for sport-style, running & training, and motorsport, which are made with recycled cotton and polyester.
Through its RE:COLLECTION range, PUMA is demonstrating its commitment to the 3Rs – Reduce, Reuse, and Regenerate – of the circular economy. The company is making sports wears that contain 20% to 100% recycled materials, depending on the style. According to PUMA, RE:COLLECTION creates a look of “perfect imperfection in neutral colours.”
“Cutting waste is used to reinforce the uppers of RE:COLLECTION’s lifestyle footwear,” PUMA said in a statement it sent to Financial Nigeria.
In the Autumn/Winter season, RE:COLLECTION includes performance products for running and training such as the PWRFrame TR, a high-performance training shoe that is engineered for forefoot support and features at least 30% recycled material in the upper.
Among other Training products of RE:COLLECTION, the tights are made with at least 70% recycled material but retain the performance characteristics such as the moisture-wicking properties of PUMA’s dryCELL technology, according to the company headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
As part of its Forever Better sustainability strategy, PUMA has set itself ambitious targets when it comes to using materials from more sustainable sources and increasing the amount of recycled content in its products. By 2025, 75% of the polyester used in PUMA’s apparel and accessories will come from recycled sources, the company said.
RE:COLLECTION products will be available in the Autumn/Winter 2022 season in PUMA stores and on its online outlet.
Businesses don’t have to choose either to be successful or sustainable. They should be both through innovation.
Access Bank continues to show its commitment to innovation to help address social, environmental and economic challenges.
At Bilaad Realty, our strategy is aligned with achieving the SDGs, which provide a comprehensive framework for targeting ...
- IFC podcast to promote women in Africa’s renewable energy debuts
- Certification programme for impact fund managers launches
- World leaders advocate support for climate adaptation for Africa
- PUMA showcases products from recycled materials in push for 3Rs
- Why real estate remains good investment during economic downturn
- Report proffers comprehensive debt restructuring for climate stressed economies
- New report addresses climate change risks and opportunities in insurance
- Access Bank, Nigerian Conservation Foundation, and good ecological future
- Adapting to the new world of work
- IFC supports green bond to finance green buildings in South Africa