GSMA signs agreement with Africa centre for disease control and prevention
The GSMA will work closely with Africa CDC on HealthConnekt Africa, a new initiative to connect all health facilities and workforce in Africa to the internet by 2030.
GSM Association (GSMA), an industry organisation that represents the interests of mobile network operators worldwide, and Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) intended to bring the transformational power of mobile connectivity to support Africa's most significant healthcare challenges.
The MOU is intended to provide a framework for partnership between the two organisations on a range of priorities ranging from digital strategy, policy, and governance frameworks across the continent to drive adoption of mobile technologies with potential to strengthen Africa's health security and outcomes for millions.
The GSMA will work closely with Africa CDC on HealthConnekt Africa, a new initiative to connect all health facilities and workforce in Africa to the internet by 2030. The initiative will start with a small group of pioneer African Union Member States and communities, which will see their health facilities connected to the internet and health workers equipped with smart devices, allowing them to improve the quality of care provided to their clients through access to vital online resources.
- How NNPC limited can become profitable
- Is the CBN simply an agent of the federal government?
- Lessons of the naira redesign for development policymaking
- What voter turnout data say about the 2023 national elections
- Takeaways from Nigeria’s 2023 presidential election
Most Popular News
- EIB, Afreximbank launch EUR 200 million Africa health initiative
- Swift reports progress on interlinking central bank digital currencies
- Nigeria not on top 30 Africa ranking for 2023 Legatum Prosperity Index
- GSMA signs agreement with Africa centre for disease control and prevention
- Global M&A deal value plummets by 29% in 2022, reveals GlobalData
- Docks Bruxsel is first large shopping centre in Europe to achieve net zero
Quick Search for Upcoming Events
Featured Growth SMEs
Fiwa International Services Limited
Creates access to growth businesses in West Africa for Private Equity and Venture Capital
Thank you for signing up your organization. This is short description.