FirstBank emerges Second Most Admired Financial Services Brand in Africa
With over 127 years history, FirstBank has its financial services footprints – through its subsidiaries – in over half a dozen countries across three continents.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s oldest bank and one of the biggest financial institutions in the country, has been ranked the “Second Most Admired Financial Services Brand in Africa” – for the second straight year – at the 2021 Brand Africa 100: Africa’s Best Brands event, which held on Africa Day, on 25th May, 2021.
Brand Africa is an intergenerational movement to inspire a great Africa through promoting a positive image for the continent, celebrating its diversity, and driving its competitiveness. It is a brand-led movement, which recognizes that in the 21st century, brands are an asset and a vector of image, reputation and competitiveness of nations, FirstBank said in a statement sent to Financial Nigeria.
With over 127 years history, FirstBank has its financial services footprints – through its subsidiaries – in over half a dozen countries across three continents. The bank’s international business presence includes FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank in the Republic of Congo, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Senegal, as well as a Representative Office in Beijing.
“We are grateful to Brand Africa for the back-to-back recognition as the ‘Second Most Admired Financial Services Brand in Africa,’” the Chief Executive Officer of FirstBank, Adesola Adeduntan, said to express his appreciation for the recognition of the bank. “This is a testament to the impactful role we are playing in promoting socio-economic development in Africa, which includes being at the forefront of bridging the financial inclusion gap as well as our commitment to supporting Small and Medium Enterprises because of the critical role they play in economic growth and development.” He further noted that FirstBank has created a functional ecosystem for SMEs to thrive through various value adding solutions and value propositions.
FirstBank was recently awarded the 2021 “Retail Banking CEO of the Year Nigeria,” “Most innovative Retail Banking App Nigeria,” and “Best CSR Bank Nigeria” awards by Global Banking and Finance magazine.
- How NNPC limited can become profitable
- Is the CBN simply an agent of the federal government?
- Lessons of the naira redesign for development policymaking
- What voter turnout data say about the 2023 national elections
- Takeaways from Nigeria’s 2023 presidential election
Most Popular News
- EIB, Afreximbank launch EUR 200 million Africa health initiative
- Swift reports progress on interlinking central bank digital currencies
- Nigeria not on top 30 Africa ranking for 2023 Legatum Prosperity Index
- GSMA signs agreement with Africa centre for disease control and prevention
- Global M&A deal value plummets by 29% in 2022, reveals GlobalData
- Docks Bruxsel is first large shopping centre in Europe to achieve net zero
Quick Search for Upcoming Events
Featured Growth SMEs
Fiwa International Services Limited
Creates access to growth businesses in West Africa for Private Equity and Venture Capital
Thank you for signing up your organization. This is short description.