Buhari appoints Muhammad Nami to replace Fowler as chairman of FIRS
According to President Buhari's spokesperson, Nami is a tax consultant and management professional.
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Muhammad Nami as the new Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). Nami, whose appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate, will replace Tunde Fowler, who served a single term of office.
According to the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president also approved the composition of a new FIRS board, which is also subject to Senate confirmation.
Shehu said Nami is a tax consultant and management professional with a Masters of Business degree from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
“Mr. Muhammad, a well-trained tax, accounting and management professional with highly rated qualifications and professional practice and licenses from relevant professional bodies, has almost three decades of practical work experience in Auditing, Tax Management and Advisory and Management services to clients in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors as well as non-profit organisations,” Shehu said.
Fowler, whose term of office expired today, was appointed on August 20, 2015, and subsequently confirmed by the Senate on December 8th, 2015.
Most Popular News
- Nigeria's inflation rate is 31 per cent – Johns Hopkins economist
- CBN cuts benchmark interest rate to 11.5 per cent
- COVID-19: World’s five largest hotel chains lose $25bn in market cap
- Paysend waives fee for U.S. money transfers to Nigeria, other countries
- Nigerians experience 16.8 million cyberattacks through ad-supported apps
- NSE All Share Index rises by 0.01% as investors gain N929 million