Buhari appoints Muhammad Nami to replace Fowler as chairman of FIRS
According to President Buhari's spokesperson, Nami is a tax consultant and management professional.
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Muhammad Nami as the new Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). Nami, whose appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate, will replace Tunde Fowler, who served a single term of office.
According to the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the president also approved the composition of a new FIRS board, which is also subject to Senate confirmation.
Shehu said Nami is a tax consultant and management professional with a Masters of Business degree from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
“Mr. Muhammad, a well-trained tax, accounting and management professional with highly rated qualifications and professional practice and licenses from relevant professional bodies, has almost three decades of practical work experience in Auditing, Tax Management and Advisory and Management services to clients in the banking, manufacturing, services and public sectors as well as non-profit organisations,” Shehu said.
Fowler, whose term of office expired today, was appointed on August 20, 2015, and subsequently confirmed by the Senate on December 8th, 2015.
Most Popular News
- Attorney General Malami discredits Nigeria’s worse anticorruption ranking
- Forum to assess opportunities and challenges of launching 5G in Africa
- Jumia Nigeria appoints new CEO, chairwoman to accelerate profitability
- Airtel partners Western Union to facilitate mobile remittance
- Nigerian entrepreneurs key to Africa’s prosperity – U.S. Consul General
- Oxfam report says governments are fuelling inequality crisis
Quick Search for Upcoming Events
- Banking (1)
- Digital Technology (1)
- Governance & Markets (1)
- Insurance (1)
- International Trade Show (2)
- Islamic Finance (1)
- Oil & Gas (3)
- Pension & Endowment (1)
- PPP (5)
- Project Finance (5)
- Real Estate & Construction (1)
- Renewable Energy (2)
- Trade and Investment (1)
- Transport and Aviation (1)
- Women Agenda (1)