Zoto becomes Nigeria's top mobile app for shopping, beats Jumia, Konga
- Zoto is touted as a revolutionary mobile recharge solution inasmuch as it removes the need for using scratch cards and the USSD-based recharge system.
Zoto, a mobile money and mobile recharge app, has become Nigeria's most popular app in the shopping category of Google Play Store. The mobile app is rated above Jiji – one of the leading classifieds websites in Nigeria – which comes second, followed by Jumia and Konga apps.
The mobile recharge app was established in 2015 with a goal to be a safe, fast and easy airtime recharge platform. It is touted as a revolutionary mobile recharge solution inasmuch as it removes the need for using scratch cards and the USSD-based recharge system. The platform is available on iOS and Android.
“We thank Nigeria for making us the number one mobile recharge app in such a short period of time,” Vipul Sharma, Zoto’s Founder and CEO, said in a statement released on Wednesday. “We are committed to bringing more innovations to provide reliable and convenient mobile payments solution to our customers.”
Zoto is a mobile money and mobile commerce service licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Owned by Hedonmark Management Services Limited, Zoto is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and SSL 128 bit encryption designed to ensure that all companies that process, store or transmit credit/debit cards information maintain a secure environment.
The start-up said its app offers customers a convenient way to buy airtime on any network and stay connected. The platform allows users save card details in the app, thus eliminating the hassles of entering card details every now and then.
Zoto has 4.6 star rating on the Play Store, compared to Jiji's 4.2 star rating and 4.1 star rating for Jumia and Konga apps.
“Mobile payments have a massive potential in Nigeria because of the growing smartphone penetration and mobile internet penetration. With 84 million unique subscribers in Nigeria, Zoto offers a disruptive and highly scalable value proposition,” Vipul added.
Most Popular News
- Details of President Muhammadu Buhari's "Budget of Change"
- Fundamentals that every new forex trader should be aware of
- Nigeria, Morocco sign agreements on regional gas pipeline, chemical plant
- FDI to Africa falls by 21 percent, says UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Report
- Ivory Coast and Ghana set to harmonize sales strategy for cocoa
- Inflation continues downward trend, drops to 11.61 percent in May