ExxonMobil Nigeria appoints Paul McGrath as Managing Director
- Prior to his appointment, McGrath was a senior executive in charge of project execution for ExxonMobil in Houston, Texas.
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited – the local subsidiary of US oil giant, ExxonMobil – has appointed Paul McGrath as the company’s new Chairman and Managing Director.
McGrath’s appointment was announced after Nolan O’Neal, Mobil Nigeria’s erstwhile Chairman and Managing Director, elected to retire from the company after 34 years of service, according to a statement signed by Ogechukwu Udeagha, Manager, Media and Communications at Mobil Producing Nigeria.
Prior to his appointment, McGrath was a senior executive in charge of project execution for ExxonMobil in Houston, Texas. McGrath joined ExxonMobil in 1999 and has held a variety of technical and managerial positions in upstream and downstream operations while working in the United Kingdom, Korea, Qatar, Australia and the United States. His new appointment takes effect on March 1st.
ExxonMobil has two main subsidiaries in Nigeria – Mobil Oil Producing and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria – which are involved in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. In October last year, Exxon sold its 60 percent stake in Mobil Oil Nigeria – a petroleum marketing company – to Nipco, an indigenous downstream oil and gas company, for $301 million.
Most Popular News
- Luno announces European expansion and $9 million funding
- Olam begins construction of poultry farms and animal feed mills in Nigeria
- Nigerian inflation eases to 16.01 percent
- AfDB launches cassava processing programme with Brazil for African youths
- Union Bank’s UnionKorrect offers incentives to account holders
- GBfoods, Helios acquire production plants in Nigeria, Ghana